2019-20 BIG 12 STUDENT-ATHLETE PROGRAMS ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
The successful candidate will work with and report to the Assistant Commissioner- Governance and Academics.
Compensation (tentative): $24,000 for 12 months. Term (dates tentative): July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020.
- Serve as a secondary liaison to the:
- Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee;
- Conference Student-Athlete Representative to the Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee;
- Conference Student-Athlete Representatives to Autonomy Governance;
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Advisors of the Conference Member Institutions; and
- NCAA staff members supporting the Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Travel to institutional Student-Athlete Advisory Committee meetings throughout the academic year.
- Plan and coordinate in-person meetings, teleconferences and programming of the Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Assist with planning and coordinating in-person meetings and teleconferences of the institutional Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Advisors.
- Update the Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee policies and procedures on an annual basis.
- Assist with social media and technology initiatives of the Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Work with the Conference communications and digital staff to highlight the accomplishments of Conference student-athletes.
- Attend various Conference meetings to provide Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee updates.
- Assist with other projects, as assigned by various Conference staff.
- Represent the Conference at all national meetings/teleconferences regarding student-athlete success initiatives.
- Serve as secondary liaison to the Dr. Prentice Gautt Student-Athlete Welfare Committee.
- Support and assist with Conference governance initiatives and programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner and the Assistant Commissioner- Governance and Academics.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Former student-athlete and/or experience in a student-athlete advisory committee role (e.g., member or advisor), is preferred. Ability to work in a team setting. Ability to work independently and manage multiple issues in a time-sensitive setting. Experience in public speaking. Proficient in writing and computer skills. Social media proficiencies required. Candidate must be willing to travel for meetings. Experience in a campus athletics department, particularly a student-athlete support services office, is desired. Experience in a student-athlete advisory role, is preferred.
Send a resume, cover letter, contact information for at least three references and creative statement on how to generate Conference office engagement of student-athletes on campus to the address below.
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 E. John Carpenter Fwy.
Irving, Texas 75062
Deadline for application is (Wednesday, April 17, 2019).
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.