In the event of a tie or ties in the standings, the following tie-breaking system will be implemented.
- If two teams are tied, head-to-head competition will be used to break a tie.
- If two teams remain tied, the winner of the first game of the Conference series between the two tied teams will be used.
- If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of the records of the tied teams against the highest place team(s) in descending order from top to bottom until the tie is broken; or,
- If two teams remain tied, there will be a drawing to determine the seed or qualification for the tournament;
- If three or more teams are tied, there will be a comparison of head-to-head records in a ‘mini round-robin’ of tied teams, followed by steps (1), (2), (3), and (4). Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons.