WILL HANCOCK COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Positions: Will Hancock Communications Assistant (2 positions)
Available: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
Responsibilities: The successful candidates will report to the Director of Communications. Duties include:
- Assisting in all aspects of communications for 23 Big 12 sports
- Serving as the primary media contact as well as a liaison to member schools communications staffs for several Olympic sports, including but not limited to, cross country/track & field, equestrian, golf, rowing, soccer, softball, gymnastics, swimming & diving, tennis and wrestling
- Contribute to production and coordination of social media outlets for the Conference, including communications efforts and fan engagement promotions
- Maintain and develop various aspects of the Big 12 website at Big12sports.com
- Assisting with production/design of media guides and championship materials
- Distribution of announcements to local, regional and national media via digital platforms
- Travel to selected championships and media day sites
- Maintenance of historical and statistical files
- Interacting with member school administrators and coaches groups
- Assist the communications staff with weekend duties for football, men’s and women’s basketball and baseball as necessary
- Projects as assigned by members of the communications and digital media staff
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports. Excellent journalistic writing and communication abilities with a knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines is expected. Experience/knowledge with website content management systems, social media, desktop publishing (Adobe Creative Suite 5.5) and graphic design is essential. Experience in a campus athletic department, particularly a communications or marketing office, is desired.
Salary: $24,000 for 12 months.
Applications: Send resume, cover letter, references and work samples (if available) via U.S. Mail
to the address below.
Director of Communications
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interviews will be conducted after the conclusion of the NCAA Basketball Championships.
Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
**NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS**