Available: ASAP - June 30, 2017
The Communications Assistant will assist with day-to-day communications operations, serve as the Conference's primary baseball media contact, and facilitate social media efforts.Duties Include:
- Facilitate the administration of all Conference social media accounts.
- Serve as primary communications contact for baseball, working in conjunction with Conference staff, member schools and media as needed.
- Assist with media operations for the Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship and hosting of the NCAA Men's Basketball Regional and Women's Basketball Final Four.
- Handle announcement of all academic programs administered by the Conference.
- Contribute to communications plan as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports. Experience with social media and baseball is preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to multitask are expected. Some travel and weekend work is required. Candidate should be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Prior experience in collegiate athletics is desired, but not required.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.