Available: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
The Digital Media Assistant is the primary producer of all content for the Big 12 Digital Network. This position works closely with the two Big 12 Digital Network correspondents to create unique and enjoyable content that tells the story about the league and its student-athletes. This person must be comfortable in front of the camera as well. A majority of the workload will be producing and writing video packages. Duties Include:
- Shoot, write, edit and report Big 12 stories to be posted on official Conference digital platforms, as well as traditional and social media platforms.
- Edit video elements using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Establish working relationships with member schools' athletic video staffs, as well as with television partners.
- Continued development of The Big 12 Minute, the conference daily video magazine show.
- Maintain and develop various aspects of the Big 12 Digital Network platforms.
- Interview Big 12 coaches and student-athletes at media days and championships.
- Travel to championships and other events throughout the season.
- Projects as assigned by other members of the communications staff.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports with an emphasis in graphics, video production and understanding broadband delivery systems. Familiarity with Panasonic AG-AC160AP cameras and lighting set-up is preferred. Experience and knowledge of MAC OS, especially editing software (Adobe Creative Cloud) is needed. The candidate will need to be proficient in graphic editing programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects). Must be able to meet tight deadlines with quality professional work. Excellent writing and editing abilities, including a familiarity with Associated Press style guidelines, is helpful. The Conference is seeking an ambitious, forward-thinking personality who can assist in the continued growth of the Big 12 Digital Network.
Salary: $24,000 for 12 months.
Submit a cover letter, resume, demo reel, and contact information for three references to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.