BIG 12 CONFERENCE COORDINATOR OF FOOTBALL OFFICIALS
The Big 12 Conference, Inc., one of the premier amateur collegiate athletic conferences, seeks nominations and applications for the position of Coordinator of Football Officials. The coordinator will manage the Big 12 Conference football officiating program including the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of roster officials, replay officials, clock operators and the Conference command center.
This position requires an individual with a minimum of ten years of experience as a Division I official, a coordinator of officials or other high-level sports administrator at the collegiate or professional level with demonstrated knowledge of or oversight responsibility for a major football officiating program.
The successful candidate must thrive in an independent, exciting and fast-paced environment and must have a passion for the complex and varied world of collegiate sports. Competence in football officiating rules and mechanics, training and evaluation of game officials, and coordination and management of relations with the Conference senior staff, head football coaches, administrators and external partners is essential.
The Coordinator of Football Officials must be able to perform his or her responsibilities independently, but in a collaborative manner with the other members of the Conference's management team. Experience working with membership-focused organizations and organizations with an educationally related mission is a plus.
- At least ten (10) years of applicable experience.
- Experience and a proven track record in football officiating at the NCAA, conference level, NFL, or other professional sports organization.
- Ability to be available for all Big 12 football games at command center or on location.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA football playing rules and evaluation and training techniques for officials.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to navigate and solve complex issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and the ability to identify and execute projects with minimal direct supervision.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL MAY 21, 2018, OR UNTIL THE POSTITION IS FILLED.
The Big 12 Conference, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. The Big 12 Conference, Inc. strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.
For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.