Tiebreaker ProceduresEffective June 2015
The following procedure will determine the Conference Champion. The tiebreaker will also be used to break other ties as necessary. For the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process:
- If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the champion.
- If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the Champion.
- The conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other.
- The conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the next highest placed team(s) in the conference (4, 5 and 6….).
- When comparing against the next highest placed teams, a two-way tie among the next highest placed teams will be broken by head-to-head before the comparison begins.
- If more than a two-way tie exists among the next highest placed teams, record against the collective tied teams as a group will be used.
- Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team with the lowest difference between points scored and points allowed in games vs. the tied teams are eliminated from consideration.
- Draw (In the event steps 1-3 cannot break a multi-team tie the champion will be determined by draw at the Conference office.