Available: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
Championships Intern assists in the regular season administration and event management of championships in all sports (except football and men's basketball). Primary Duties:
- Assist with preparations for men's and women's Conference championships and tournaments.
- Assist with the regular activity of the Conference's awards program and ensure the printing and delivery of various awards.
- Assist in producing informational materials for meetings of coaches' groups and Senior Woman Administrators.
- Interface with the Conference's signage delivery company to ensure the coordination and on-time delivery of signage and décor for Big 12 Olympic Sport Championship events.
- Assist with NCAA championship events and tournaments (when applicable).
- Additional duties as assigned, including general office/clerical responsibilities.
- Coordinating payments for selected championship officials and regular season basketball personnel.
- Other responsibilities as assigned for following the events:
- 2018 Phillips 66 Big 12 Women's Basketball Championship
- 2018 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Regional
- 2018 Big 12 Softball Championship
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports. Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to multitask is expected. Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Skilled in Microsoft Office® especially Word, Excel and Outlook is a must. Prior experience in a campus athletic department is desired.
Salary: $24,000 for 12 months.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Deadline for application is Monday, March 27, 2017