Employment OpportunitiesBIG 12 DIGITAL NETWORK CORRRESPONDENT
Campus Insiders and the Big 12 Conference are seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual to serve as an on-air correspondent for the Big 12 Digital Network. The ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational, communication and time management skills, will take direction and initiative, and will act in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference. The position will be based out of the Big 12 Conference office in Irving, Texas.
The network is focused exclusively on Big 12 athletics, so candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of college sports and be able to provide unique insight and access into Big 12 programs. The successful candidate shall have relevant on-air experience, possess a strong working knowledge of the video editing and production process, and be proficient with online and social media channels. The correspondent will be expected to develop deep relationships within athletic departments throughout the conference and will need to leverage those relationships to access coaches, student-athletes, and other noteworthy personalities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shoot, write, edit and report Big 12 stories to be posted on official Conference digital platforms as well as traditional and social media platforms
- Develop relationships and actively engage key Big 12 Insiders, including media, coaches, administrators, and former student-athletes for the Network.
- Establish working relationships with member schools' athletics communications and video staffs, as well as with television partners.
- Travel to designated Big 12 events throughout the Conference (weekend work required)
- Coordinate highlights from various media partners and package for appropriate distribution channels.
- Daily content generation (including social media platforms)
- Develop and implement ideas to promote the Conference and its members.
- Contribute regular written editorial content to Campus Insiders platform
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Masters preferred)
- At least three years of professional experience in sports journalism and reporting
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel to Big 12 schools to cover games and relevant sporting events
- Proven interviewing ability (e.g., making subjects feel relaxed and open, asking compelling questions that produce emotional answers)
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies for video production, as well as social media
- Strong working knowledge of video editing and graphic editing software (Adobe Creative Cloud preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-paced work and event environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage a high volume of assignments using strong organizational skills
- Considerable travel is required