Available: July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will report to the Digital Media Coordinator and Director of Communications.
- Edit existing and new video using Adobe CS4 Production Premium or Final Cut software
- Communicate with video coordinators at 10 member institutions
- Produce highlight packages for various sports throughout their seasons
- Generate and incorporate graphics into the various video productions, including full graphic packages used at various events and venues.
- Continued development of The Big 12 Report, the conference weekly video magazine show and the daily Big 12 Minute.
- Maintain and develop various aspects of the Big 12 website at Big12Sports.com
- Upload and maintain Big 12 Conference YouTube page.
- Interview Big 12 coaches and student-athletes at media days and other events
- Travel to selected championships and media day sites
- Film different features, including interviews, practices and stand-ups for introductions
- Assist the communications staff with weekend duties as needed in football, men's and women's basketball and baseball
- Projects as assigned by other members of the communications staff
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports with an emphasis in graphics and video production. Familiarity with professional video cameras and lighting set-up is preferred. Experience and knowledge of computers, especially editing software (CS4 Production Premium, etc.) is needed. Proficiency in graphic edition programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects). Must be able to meet tight deadlines with quality professional work. Excellent writing and editing abilities, including a familiarity with Associated Press style guidelines, is helpful. The Conference is seeking an ambitious, forward-thinking personality who can assist in the continued growth of the Big 12 website.
Salary: $24,000 for 12 months.
Applications: Send resume, cover letter, references and work samples (if available ) via U.S. Mail ONLY to the address below.
Kiron Andersen, Digital Media Coordinator
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS