Campus Insiders seeks qualified and energetic applicants for a Big 12 Digital Network Correspondent position, based at Big 12 Headquarters in Irving, TX. The Big 12 Digital Network is a partnership between Campus Insiders and the Big 12 Conference, an NCAA Division I athletic conference with 10 member institutions. The Conference oversees the competition and administration for 23 men’s and women’s sports.
Responsibilities: The Network Correspondent shall be responsible for the coordination and management of the Conference's digital production efforts through the Big 12 Digital Network. The individual will implement an aggressive content development plan for the Conference and its members. The successful candidate will have expertise in production and editing of video content and an understanding of broadband delivery systems.
- Work to help identify and communicate Big 12 messages through video packages delivered Big 12 official digital platforms, as well as traditional and social media platforms.
- Develop relationships and actively engage key Big 12 Insiders, including media, coaches, administrators, and former student-athletes for the Network.
- Establish working relationships with member schools' athletics communications and video staffs, as well as with television partners.
- Coordinate highlights from various media partners and package for appropriate distribution channels.
- Produce and edit digital content that can be distributed on multiple platforms.
- Develop and implement ideas to promote the Conference and its members.
- Develop and maintain video elements for the site.
- Assist with day-to-day posting of video content as stand-alone or as support to other Network content.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred). A minimum of 5-7 years of proven television production and on-camera experience is required, along with an interest in current and emerging technologies related to video production is necessary. A background in collegiate sports information/media services at an NCAA Division I institution, conference office or professional sports organization is beneficial. Applicants should possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills. Individual should also demonstrate initiative, leadership ability and proficiency in developing, editing and distributing video content on digital platforms. Strong working knowledge of video editing systems required. Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-paced work and event environment; experience that demonstrates the ability to manage a high work load with frequent interruptions; ability to work well with a variety of constituents, including student-athletes, coaches, university and athletic administrators, and members of the media. Considerable travel is also required.
Compensation: Full-time appointment with salary commensurate with experience. A benefits package including both medical and dental insurance, and access to the Silver Chalice Ventures 401(k) retirement program.
Applications: Send a letter of application, current resume with names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and demo reel to:
Kiron Andersen, Digital Media Coordinator
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Women and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply. Campus Insiders is an equal opportunity employer.