Volleyball Release in PDF
• For the second straight week, Texas is ranked No. 1 in the AVCA national rankings. Oklahoma makes its first appearance on the poll, checking in at No. 25. Although KU dropped out, the Jayhawks and Cyclones are "ranked" 26th and 27th, respectively. ISU knocked off the then-ranked No. 22 Jayhawks at home in five sets last Wednesday.
• The league’s two ranked teams will meet on Saturday with the Sooners hosting Texas in Norman. Oklahoma has lost just one match at home this season (7-1), while UT has lost just one road match this season (7-1). Texas has lost just three sets in league play.
• With the first half of the conference schedule concluding last weekend, UT holds the top spot in the standings with a perfect 8-0 mark in league play. Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa State are in a three-way tie for second place with 6-2 records.
• Wednesday’s lineup features an ESPNU doubleheader with Baylor at Kansas at 6 p.m. CT followed by Texas Tech at Iowa State at 8 p.m. CT.
• Iowa State’s Kristen Hahn became the league’s all-time career leader in weekly awards with her 16th Defensive Player of the Week honor this week. Hahn surpassed former ISU libero Ashley Mass. In addition to her four weekly honors this season, the Cyclone senior won the award eight times in 2012 and four times in 2011. Hahn owns three of the league’s top five dig performances on the season, one of which was her 35 against Kansas last week.
• OU senior Sallie McLaurin won her fourth Offensive Player of the Week this season. She is just one of three players to garner four or more honors in a single season in that category in Big 12 history. Her 10 career awards ranks fifth on the league’s weekly awards career chart.
• In non-conference play, Big 12 teams have combined to play 41 matches against teams ranked in the top 75 of the NCAA RPI. Texas owns six wins over non-Big 12 opponents in this week’s top 30, while Kansas and Oklahoma each have five wins against non-conference teams in the top 70. Kansas leads the nation with three road wins over top-25 teams and four in the top-40. UT has had the best RPI in the nation all season.
• Five league teams rank in the top 60 nationally in blocks per set. Kansas, K-State, Texas, Oklahoma and West Virginia are all averaging over 2.50 on the season.
• The Big 12 regular season concludes in one month. Saturday, Nov. 30, marks the final day of competition with the NCAA Selection Show set for Sunday, Dec. 1, at 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPNU.