Current Release in PDF
The Big 12 Championship is complete and Texas Tech and West Virginia will represent the conference in NCAA competition, which begins this weekend. Some news & notes from around the Conference:
- The Big 12 has had multiple teams earn NCAA bids in each of its 20 seasons. The Conference has had at least one victory in every Championship since beginning play in 1996.
- Big 12 soccer boasts a 23-match unbeaten streak (22-0-1) versus non-conference competition dating back to September 17.
- Big 12 teams are 9-7-1 (.559) against top 25 opponents this season. Since September 17, the Big 12 has improved its non-conference winning percentage from .561 to .657.
- Texas Tech captured the Big 12 Championship for the first time in school history. The Red Raiders allowed just one goal in three matches en route to the postseason crown.
- West Virginia is the first team in Big 12 history to win four consecutive outright regular season championships and the first squad to tally three unbeaten seasons in league play.
- WVU’s No. 2 seed is the highest in program history. The Mountaineers have advanced to the NCAA Tournament each of the past 16 seasons.
- Tech earned its fourth consecutive NCAA bid and boasts a 4-0 all-time record in NCAA home contests.
- Baylor had just two losses since September 6, posting a 9-2-3 record to finish the season. The Bears scored 29 goals while allowing just nine in their last 14 matches.
- Oklahoma finished the regular season with a 6-0-2 record in Norman. It marked the first unbeaten home record in school history.
- Senior Liana Salazar of Kansas completed her career with 28 goals, second on the Jayhawks’ all-time list.
- TCU ended the 2015 campaign with four straight ties - the first time in school history it had four in a row. The Frogs’ 97 points this year were the fifth-best season total in school history.
- Oklahoma State junior Courtney Dike has 21 career goals, tied for 10th on the school list. Her 14 career assists is one shy of the top 10.
- Texas senior Abby Smith recorded her 30th career shutout in the win over Montana, becoming the all-time leader in shutouts at UT.
- The Big 12 was one of two conferences nationally where every school entered league play with an overall record of .500 or better.
- The Big 12 recorded at least one victory over a top 25 non-conference opponent each of the four weekends before league play began, including multiple wins the final three weeks.