Top notch year in the league gives way to a NIT Championship, elite eight appearance and much more for conference teams.
- The Big 12 has had at least six 20-win teams for 11 consecutive seasons, including each of the five years since it began competiting with 10 teams. Every Big 12 squad had double-digit victory totals in 2016-17.
- During conference play, 63 of 90 (70 percent) games were decided by 10 points or less - including 45 of the last 63 matchups. The average margin
of victory in all conference games this season was 7.9 points.
- The Big 12 was the only conference with every team among the top 70 of the ESPN BPI, with eight in the top 44. Seven league squads ranked among the top 53 of the final RPI.
Big 12 men’s basketball had the best cumulative strength of schedule of any conference in the nation for 2016-17.
- Every team in the Big 12 was ranked or received votes in the top 25 polls this season.
- The Big 12 had a .588 win percentage versus the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC - the best record among those leagues nationally. It is the eighth straight year the Big 12 has been .500 or better against the group.
- For the fourth time in four years, the Big 12/SEC Challenge trophy will remain with the Big 12 as the leagues split the 10 contests this season. Big 12 teams are 25-15 (.625) in the event since it began.
- Big 12 men’s basketball teams have a 116-32 non-conference record during 2016-17. Twenty losses were by single digits, including four in overtime.
- The 116 non-league wins are the most for the Big 12 since the conference began competing as 10 teams in 2011-12.
- The 32 combined non-league losses by the Big 12 are the fewest of any conference in America.
- The Big 12 was ranked second nationally among all conferences in the RPI on Selection Sunday. Entering 2016-17, it had been No. 1 in four of the last seven seasons, including three in a row.
- Five head coaches in the Big 12 have led teams to the Final Four, while nine of 10 coaches have guided a team to the NCAA Tournament and have at least 100 career victories during their respective careers.