Oklahoma’s Christian Moody (125 pounds) and South Dakota State’s Luke Zilverberg (165 pounds) earn Big 12 Co-Wrestler of the Week honors for the ninth week of the season. This marks the first weekly award for both athletes.
CO-WRESTLERS OF THE WEEK
Christian Moody, Oklahoma, RFr., Collinsville, Okla.
- Defeated No. 14 Barlow McGhee of Missouri 6-4 in Oklahoma’s Sunday dual.
- Struck first with an early takedown and led 2-1 at the end of the opening period. The redshirt freshman tacked on an escape and a takedown in the second and added an escape in the final period for the win.
- Earned three points in the opening bout of the dual as the Sooners went on to upset No. 5 Missouri, 24-18.
Luke Zilverberg, South Dakota State, Jr., Belle Plaine, Minn.
- Recorded a pair of 5-3, sudden-victory wins in dual action over the weekend, helping the 20th-ranked Jackrabbits to convincing home victories over Boise State and Northern Colorado.
- After giving up a takedown late in regulation in his match against Boise State’s Demetrius Romero that forced overtime, Zilverberg came up with a takedown of his own midway through the extra session to pull out the win
- He then came away with his second victory of the weekend with a takedown of Northern Colorado’s Keilan Torres just 14 seconds into the sudden-victory period.
Big 12 Wrestling Weekly Awards
|Date||Wrestler of the Week|
|Nov. 7||David Kocer, South Dakota State, Jr. (174 pounds)|
|Nov. 14||Dylan Cottrell, West Virginia, RSr. (165 pounds)|
Jacobe Smith, Oklahoma State, Jr. (174 pounds)
Timmy Box, Northern Colorado, RSr. (141 pounds)
Clark Glass, Oklahoma, RSr. (165 pounds)
Josh Rodriguez, North Dakotat State, RSr. (125 pounds)
Boo Lewallen, Oklahoma State, RFr. (141 pounds)
Chandler Rogers, Oklahoma State, RSo. (165 pounds)
Christian Moody, Oklahoma, RFr. (125 pounds)