Current Release in PDF
Non-conference play picks up and the league improves its record to 44-22 (.666). Two teams stay ranked in the USA Today/NFCA and ESPN.com/USA Softball pools (No. 4/5 Oklahoma and No. 24/25 Baylor). Texas and Oklahoma State receive votes.
- The Sooners took first in the NFCA preseason poll, earning all 32 votes for the first time in league history.
- For the fifth consecutive time and eighth occurrence in the last nine years, the Big 12 softball preseason poll revealed Oklahoma as the unanimous frontrunner for the conference title.
- Three All-America selections will be returning to the league in first team pitcher and Big 12 Pitcher of the Year Paige Parker (OU), second team infielder and Big 12 Freshman of the Year Shay Knighten (OU) and third team utility player and Co-Big 12 Player of the Year, Vanessa Shippy (OSU).
- Two league teams rank in the top-five in the nation in fielding percentage. Oklahoma comes in at No. 3 (.991) and Kansas at No. 5 (.989). No other conference holds as many teams in the top five.
- The Cyclones made program history by breaking a 30-year old single game record and earning 21 runs in Saturday’s game versus Alabama A&M (2/18/2017).
- Fifty-seven percent of Big 12 teams rank among the top-50 in the nation in batting average.
- Kyla Walker (BU) leads the conference in hits (18), on base percentage (.636) and batting average (.600) after the first two weeks of play.
- The Big 12 Conference will reinstate its softball championship for the 2017 season. Last held in 2010, the postseason tournament will return to Oklahoma City in a two-day event, Friday, May 12 - Saturday, May 13.