Kansas’ Gleb Dudarev and Oklahoma State’s Kaela Edwards capture the season’s fifth Big 12 Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week. This marks the second weekly award this season for both student-athletes.
TRACK & FIELD MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Gleb Dudarv, Kansas, Fr., Vitebsk, Belarus
- Continued the impressive start to his collegiate career by earning another victory in the weight throw by recording a mark of 23.44 meters (76-11).
- The throw was the second-farthest in the school’s history and put the Belarus native in second on the collegiate lists for 2017.
- He currently leads the league’s top-ranked weight thrower with the mark sitting as the farthest by a Big 12 thrower since 2007.
TRACK & FIELD FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Kaela Edwards, Oklahoma State, Sr., Highlands Ranch, Colo.
- On the biggest stage of the indoor season, the Oklahoma State senior walked away from her first Millrose Games with a an NCAA-leading 4:28.75 mile time.
- Clocked the seventh-fastest women’s mile in collegiate history and was the top place finisher of current NCAA competitors.
- It was the second time Edwards put her name on the all-time collegiate top-10 list as she broke the collegiate 1,000-meter record earlier this year.
Big 12 Track & Field Weekly Awards
|January 18||Andrew Hudson, Texas Tech, So.||Kaela Edwards, Oklahoma State, Sr.|
|January 24||Jake Albright, Kansas, Sr.||
Aaliyah Miller, Baylor, Fr.
|February 1||Gleb Dudarev, Kansas, Fr.||
Jhoanmy Luque, Iowa State, Jr.
|February 8||Dylan Blankenbaker, Oklahoma, Sr.||
Nina Schultz, Kansas State, Fr.
|February 15||Gleb Dudarev, Kansas, Fr.||
Kaela Edwards, Oklahoma State, Sr.