Texas Tech’s Charles Brown and Oklahoma State’s Savannah Camacho capture the season’s third Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week. This marks the second weekly accolade for Brown and first for Camacho.
TRACK & FIELD MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Charles Brown, Texas Tech, So., Wichita Falls, Texas
- Hit a long jump mark of 8.14m/26-8.50 at the Texas Relays over the weekend.
- The jump ranks him No. 3 in the world and No. 1 in the nation.
- Also serves as a second place outdoor Texas Tech and lifetime-best jump for Brown.
TRACK & FIELD FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Savannah Camacho, Oklahoma State, Sr., Paso Robles, Calif.
- Ran two of the best times in the NCAA in the 1,500 meter run and the 800 meter.
- Marked a 800m time of 2:05.63 is No. 4 in the NCAA and leads the Big 12.
- The 1,500m time of 4:18.99 which puts Camacho in the top 20 in the NCAA and first in the conference.
Big 12 Track & Field Weekly Awards
|March 22||Werner Bouwer, Texas Tech, Fr.||Allanah McCorkle, Iowa State, Sr.|
|March 29||Ryan Womack, Baylor, So.||Cion Hicks, Baylor, Sr.|
|April 5||Charles Brown, Texas Tech, So.||Savannah Camacho, Oklahoma State, Sr.|