Game 7: No. 2 Baylor vs. No. 7 Texas
March 12, 2008
Final Score: Texas 76 - Baylor 61
Baylor: Tisdale, Griffin, Morrow, Allison, Wilson
Texas: Cortijo, Raven, Williams, Bailey, Lindsey
2007-08 Regular Season
The two teams split the season series. Baylor won the first meeting at home by a score of 61-60, with the Longhorns evening things up on their home floor with a 61-51 victory.
Updated Head-to-Head Figures
- Texas leads the all-time series 54-20, but Baylor has claimed the last six of nine
- The Longhorns are now 1-1 against the Lady Bears in championship history
- Now in her eighth year at Baylor, Kim Mulkey is 11-7 against Texas
- Gail Goestenkors is now 2-1 against BU in her first year at UT
At the Conference Tournament
- Baylor is 13-11 all-time at the conference tournament
- UT currently owns a 7-12 overall record in tourney action
- This was the fourth consecutive year that the Lady Bears have earned a top-four seed
- The Longhorns improve to 5-5 all-time at conference
- The Lady Bears are now 5-4 in the second round of the championships
- This is the first time a No. 2 seed fell in the second round. The second seed is now 11-1, while the seventh-seed improves to 1-8
BU by the Numbers
- Angela Tisdale has posted 20+ points in seven games this season. The senior also tied her season high in rebounds with six.
- Rachel Allison posted her seventh season and 10th career double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. This was also her fifth conference game to score 15 or more points.
- Danielle Wilson has blocked at least one shot in 55 of 63 career games
- Jessica Morrow has scored 10+ points in 16 season and 38 career games
- This is the 11th game this season that three or more Lady Bears have scored in double digits
- Baylor's 16-point lead is its second-largest lead at halftime this season (previously 20 vs. Kansas)
- The team's 21 second-half points was its second-lowest total (19 vs. UT) second-half total of the season
- The Lady Bears' 22 turnovers is their highest total since conference play began
- This is the ninth time BU has grabbed 40 or more rebounds since the opening of league play
UT by the Numbers
- Carla Cortijo posted a career high 24 points (previously 17) and seven FG made (previously six) on Wednesday. Her one block also ties her career high.
- Brittainey Raven has now scored 10+ points in 11 consecutive games. This was her second straight game netting 16 points.
- Ashley Lindsey scored in double figures for the third time since the opening of conference play
- Ernesia Williams grabbed a career high 13 boards, six steals and five assists. She also tied her career high in blocks with two.
- Rachel Rentschler's five rebounds matches her career high
- The team's nine turnovers is a season low
- UT totaled 20+ points off turnovers for the second time in as many days
- The Longhorns went on an 18-6 run to open up the first 10 minutes of the second half