Game 8: No. 3 Oklahoma State vs. No. 11 Kansas
March 12, 2008
Final Score: Oklahoma State 82 - Kansas 62
Kansas: Jacobs, McIntosh, Morris, McCray, Boogaard
Oklahoma State: Riley, Hardeman, Green, Smith, Cordero
2007-08 Regular Season
Oklahoma State won the only meeting between the two squads this season, 59-54, in the conference opener in Lawrence.
Updated Head-to-Head Figures
- Kansas leads the all-time series 28-22
- The Cowgirls improved to 4-5 against the Jayhawks in championship history
- Now in third year at Oklahoma State, Kurt Budke is 3-1 against Kansas
- Bonnie Henrickson is now 2-3 against OSU in her four-year career at KU
At the Conference Tournament
- OSU improves to 7-11 all-time at the conference tournament and 6-7 in tourney games held at Municipal Auditorium
- KU currently owns an 8-12 overall record in tourney action
- This was the first time in program history that OSU received a first-round bye at the conference tourney
- The Cowgirls' 20-point win equals their largest margin of victory at the Big 12 Championships
- The Cowgirls improve to 2-4 all-time in the championship's second round
- The Jayhawks now stand 3-5 on day two
- The No. 3 seed is now 9-3 in the tournament's second round, while the No. 11 seed remains winless at 0-5
OSU by the Numbers
- With her 23 points, Andrea Riley became the program's all-time single-season scorer with 683 points ... The sophomore has scored 20+ points in all but one (29) contest this season and 10+ points in13 consecutive games.
- Shaunte' Smith 12 points give her 750 in her career ... the junior recorded a season-high four steals ... she needs just five more rebounds to reach 600 in her career.
- Taylor Hardeman drained four 3-pointers on the day and has now hit a pair of treys in 13 of her last 19 games ... Her 117 3-pointers are the second most in school history ... the junior also netted 15+ points for the seventh time this season.
- Danielle Green's 10 points puts her past the 750-point career benchmark (758)
- The win ends OSU's five-game losing streak in the conference tourney ... Their last win had come against Missouri at the 2003 championship.
- OSU's 24 wins is its second-highest total in school history
- This is the third time this season the Cowgirls have had five players score in double figures in a single game win
- The team's 39 second-half points was just under its season average of 40.2
- The Cowgirls recorded 10+ steals for the 18th time this season.
KU by the Numbers
- Danielle McCray recorded her seventh double-double of the season with 18 points and 12 boards ... the sophomore scored double-digit points for the 24th time this season and the 39th of her career ... she also grabbed 5+ rebounds for the 23rd time this season.
- Krysten Boogaard's 17 points mark her sixth game in league play scoring in double figures
- LaChelda Jacobs matched her season high 15 points against the Cowgirls ... This is her seventh contest of the season scoring double-digit points.
- KU's 20-point loss matches its second highest ever at the Big 12 tourney
- When the Jayhawks outrebound their opponent they are 14-7
- When scoring between 60-69 points the squad owns a 7-3 record
- When playing a top-25 team KU is 0-8 this season and 1-24 under Henrickson
- This is the team's 10th game to have three players in double figures since league play opened
- KU is 2-11 on the season when trailing at the half and 10-45 under Henrickson