Texas Tech’s Andrew Hudson and Oklahoma State’s Kaela Edwards take home the season’s first Big 12 Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week. This marks the first career award for both student-athletes.
TRACK & FIELD MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Andrew Hudson, Texas Tech, So., Cibolo, Texas
- Marked two personal-best first place performances in both the 200-meter and 60-meter dashes.
- Finished his 200-meter run at a 20.80 clip giving him the No. 2 mark in the world this season as well as the No. 1 spot in the NCAA.
- Tied for fifth in the NCAA with his 6.68 60-meter time, also tying him for the 10th place spot among marks last week in the country.
TRACK & FIELD FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Kaela Edwards, Oklahoma State, Sr., Highlands Ranch, Colo.
- Broke the collegiate record in the 1,000-meter run with a time of 2:40.79. The previous collegiate best of 2:40.82 only stood for 11 months.
- Defeated teammates and All-Americans Savannah Camacho and Chelsea Jarvis en route to her first place finish.
- Named USTFCCCA Athlete of the Week for her performance.
Big 12 Track & Field Weekly Awards
|January 18||Andrew Hudson, Texas Tech, So.||Kaela Edwards, Oklahoma State, Sr.