Texas Tech’s Charles Brown and Texas’ Rushelle Burton capture the season’s fifth Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week honors. This marks the second weekly award of the season for Brown.
TRACK & FIELD MALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Charles Brown, Texas Tech, So., Wichita Falls, Texas
- Marked a new world, nation and Big 12 best jump this season with a 8.25m/27-0.75 leap.
- Ranks No. 1 in the world amongst wind aided competitors.
- Also a wind aided Texas Tech record long jump mark.
TRACK & FIELD FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Rushelle Burton, Texas, Fr., Jamaica
- Clocked the 100 meter hurdles in 12.65 seconds for the No. 1 time in the NCAA this season and No. 5 in the world this year.
- Only the defending NCAA champion, Jasmine Camacho-Quinn of Kentucky, has run a faster time as a freshman in NCAA history, clocking a wind-aided 12.54 time.
- Ran the anchor leg of Texas’ 4x100 meter relay that finished second in 44.41 seconds.
Big 12 Track & Field Weekly Awards
|March 22||Werner Bouwer, Texas Tech, Fr.||Allanah McCorkle, Iowa State, Sr.|
|March 29||Ryan Womack, Baylor, So.||Cion Hicks, Baylor, Sr.|
|April 5||Charles Brown, Texas Tech, So.||Savannah Camacho, Oklahoma State, Sr.|
|April 12||Gleb Dudarev, Kansas, Fr.||Nina Schultz, Kansas State, Fr.|
|April 19||Charles Brown, Texas Tech, So.||Rushelle Burton, Texas, Fr.|