BIG 12 CONFERENCE LIAISON TO SOFTBALL UMPIRES
The Big 12 Conference, Inc., one of the premier amateur collegiate athletic conferences, invites nominations and applications for the position of Liaison to Softball Umpires. This individual will act as an independent contractor and be responsible for all aspects of the Conference’s umpiring program which include:
- Identifying highly qualified softball umpires in reasonable proximity to the Conference’s member institutions for inclusion on the Conference’s roster of umpires.
- Training those umpires identified regarding all information reasonably necessary for them to officiate softball games (i.e., sport regulations, NCAA regulations, and Conference regulations).
- Assigning those identified umpires, who have been approved by the Conference and added to its roster of umpires, to all intercollegiate contests in Conference competition held at Conference members’ facilities and to the Conference softball championship, taking into consideration all appropriate factors, as developed by the Conference, which factors may include, but will not be limited to, travel costs.
- Evaluating the roster of softball umpires as well as prospective softball umpires which may be considered for future seasons.
- Reporting game fees and travel cost information to the Conference according to the procedures developed by the Conference.
- Providing the league office with an annual report summarizing the season’s umpiring program, addressing appropriate enhancements and areas of improvement.
- Attend the Conference Softball Championship.
- Comply with all NCAA and Big 12 Conference rules.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have an extensive knowledge of softball rules with at least 10 years of Division I umpriring experience. Experience as a softball coordinator of umpires is preferred.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 11, 2019, OR UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Anticipated appointment date is July 1, 2019, although attendance at the 2019 Big 12 Championship in Oklahoma City (May 10-11) is requested.
The Big 12 Conference, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. The Big 12 Conference, Inc. strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.
For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.