Sharing Big 12 Runner of the Week honors for the men are Hassan Abdi (Oklahoma State) and Miguel Bautista (Texas Tech), while Jocelyn Caro (Texas Tech) takes home the award on women’s side for the last week of competition. This marks the second award for Bautista this season and the first honor for Abdi and Caro.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY CO-RUNNERs OF THE WEEK
Hassan Abdi, Oklahoma State, Jr., Amarillo, Texas
- Took second at the Penn State Open, in his debut as a Cowboy, against some of the best schools in the country, including three teams in the USTFCCCA top-30.
- Chased down runners ahead of him at the 5K mark to finish his 5.2 miles in 25:01.
- Helped OSU to its third-straight meet victory and earned the No. 12 spot on the FloTrack top-25.
Miguel Bautista, Texas Tech, Jr., Harbor City, Calif.
- Crossed the finish line of the men’s 8K in second place after running a season-best time of 23.32.02.
- Recorded his fourth-straight top-three finish at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational.
- For the second time this season, paced the men’s team and helped TTU to a fifth-place finish overall.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY RUNNER OF THE WEEK
Jocelyn Caro, Texas Tech, Sr., El Paso, Texas
- Snagged first-place among attached collegiate athletes and second place overall in her 6K and secured her fourth consecutive top-10 finish of the season.
- Recorded a personal best time of 19:47.9 which was two and a half minutes faster than her previous high at the Texas Tech Open where she paced a 22.13.5.
- The Red Raiders took home sixth place overall at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational.
2016 Big 12 Cross Country Weekly Awards
|September 6||Toby Hardwick, Iowa State, Jr.||Morgan Wedekind, Kansas State, Sr.
|September 13||Benard Keter, Texas Tech, Sr.||Jillian Forsey, West Virginia, Jr.
|September 19||Alex Rogers, Texas, So.||Sandie Raines, Texas, Sr.
|September 27||Sylvester Barus, Oklahoma State, Jr.||Morgan Wedekind, Kansas State, Sr.
|October 4||Miguel Bautista, Texas Tech, Jr.||
Maggie Montoya, Baylor, Sr.
Hassan Abdi, Oklahoma State, Jr.
Jocelyn Caro, Texas Tech, Sr.