TCU’s Austen Wade along with Nolan Kingham of Texas and Grant Little of Texas Tech have been selected for the sixth set of Big 12 baseball weekly awards. Wade helped TCU earn a sweep over Big 12 opponent Oklahoma State while Kingham and Little assisted their teams in a 9-1 combined week. This is the first career weekly honor for the three players.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Austen Wade, TCU, Jr., OF, MIdland, Texas
- Led TCU with a .455 batting average in a sweep of No. 16 Oklahoma State, also posting a .571 on-base percentage thanks to drawing three walks.
- While a perfect 2-for-2 in stolen bases, two of his five hits went for doubles and he tallied two RBIs out of the lead-off spot. Defensively, he contributed two outfield assists.
- In game two, Wade was 1-for-2 with two walks and scored two runs. He posted his second outfield assist of the weekend, throwing out the potential go-ahead run in the sixth inning. Additionally, he scored the eventual game-winning run in the seventh inning.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Nolan Kingham, Texas, So., RHP, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Threw a complete game shutout on Friday night vs. Kansas State, giving Texas its first Big 12 win of the season.
- Tossed 111 pitches against the Wildcats, allowing just four hits and two walks while striking out five. The nine innings are the most for a Longhorns starter this season and mark a career-high for Kingham, whose previous high had been just seven innings.
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Grant Little, Texas Tech, Fr., OF, Midland, Texas
- Put together a team-best .412/.706/.450 line in five games last week, helping the Red Raiders put together a perfect 5-0 campaign that included a three-game sweep at Wichita State.
- Tallied seven hits, including one double and two triples, along with three RBI, two runs and two walks in 17 at-bats, needing just a homer for the cycle in Friday night’s game, becoming the second Red Raider this season to need one hit to accomplish the feat.
- Tied for the team-lead in multi-hit games this season with 10 and for the conference lead in individual batting with a .385 average. Little also leads the Big 12 in OBP at .475.
Big 12 Baseball Weekly Awards
Date Player Pitcher Newcomer Feb. 21 Hunter Hargrove, TTU, Sr., 1B Jake Irvin, OU, So., RHP Josh Jung, TTU, Fr., 3B Feb. 27 Garrett Benge, OSU, Jr., 3B Steven Gingery, TTU, So., LHP Travis Wacker, OSU, Jr., C March 6 Luken Baker, TCU, So., 1B/DH Parker Rigler, KSU, Sr., LHP*^ Tucker Cascadden, BU, Jr., IF March 13 Tanner Gardner, TTU, Jr., OF Carson Teel, OSU, So., LHP* Brylie Ware, OU, So., DH March 20 Garrett Benge, OSU, Jr., 3B* Jared Janczak, TCU, So., RHP* Jonathan Heasley, OSU, Fr., RHP March 27 Austen Wade, TCU, Jr., OF Nolan Kingham, Texas, So., RHP Grant Little, TTU, Fr., OF