Current Baseball Notes in PDF
BIG 12 SUPER REGIONAL SCHEDULE
|Friday, June 7|
|Oklahoma at LSU||ESPN||6:00 p.m. CT|
|Saturday, June 8|
|Oklahoma at LSU||ESPN2||6:00 p.m. CT|
|K-State at Oregon State||ESPNU||6:00 p.m. CT|
|Sunday, June 9|
|Oklahoma at LSU*||ESPN2||6:00 p.m. CT|
|K-State at Oregon State||ESPNU||9:00 p.m. CT|
|Monday, June 10|
|K-State at Oregon State*||ESPNU||6:00 p.m. CT|
• Oklahoma and Kansas State punched tickets to the NCAA Baseball Championship Super Regional field with 3-0 Regional records last weekend as the Big 12 posted an 8-2 mark on the weekend.
• The .800 winning percentage is the best mark in NCAA regional play for the league, surpassing the previous clip of .722 (13-5) in 2005. The Conference has gone .500 in the opening round in all but three years of competition. The Big 12 improved to 185-138 in regional action and 244-198 in overall NCAA postseason play.
• This marks the fourth straight year the league has sent a pair of teams to Super Regional play and 12th overall since the format began in 1999. The Wildcats are making their first appearance while this marks Oklahoma’s fourth overall and third in the past four years (2006, ‘10, ‘12). The Big 12 has had a total of 29 Super Regional appearances and is 37-34.
• Oklahoma (43-19), which defeated Coastal Carolina, Connecticut and Virginia Tech in the Blacksburg Regional, will travel to Baton Rouge to face No. 4 national seed LSU (55-9) beginning Friday, June 7. All three contests are slated for a 6 p.m. CT start time.
• K-State will also face a national seed in No. 3 Oregon State (48-11) in Corvallis with play beginning on Saturday, June 8. The Wildcats defeated Wichita State, Bryant and Arkansas en route to their Super Regional berth. Saturday’s opener and Monday’s if necessary game will be at 6 p.m. CT, while Sunday’s contest is slated for 9 p.m. CT.
• Oklahoma State, which went 2-2 in the Louisville Regional, was eliminated by the host Cardinals on Sunday afternoon to end the Cowboys’ first season under head coach Josh Holliday with a 41-19 mark.
• Oklahoma and Rice are the only non-No. 1 seeds to advance to Super Regional play (both are 2 seeds). The Big 12 postseason champion, OU has won eight straight games, seven of which have been in postseason. The only longer postseason streaks for the Sooners came in 1951 and 1994 (national championship years).
• K-State's Ross Kivett, Big 12 Player of the Year, and Oklahoma's Max White were both named Most Outstanding Players at their respective regionals. Both players batted .500 over the three games.
• White is the Big 12 active career leader in seven categories - games played, at-bats, runs, hits, RBI, home runs and total bases. He is currently tied for 10th on the career games played list with 238.