2018-19 BIG 12 WILL HANCOCK COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
Communications Intern will assist with day-to-day communications operations.
Compensation (tentative): $24,000 for 12 months. Term (dates tentative): July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
The successful candidate will report to the Director – Media Services. Duties include:
- Assist in all aspects of communications for 23 Big 12 sports.
- Serve as the primary media contact as well as a liaison to member schools communications staffs for several Olympic sports to include conference notes packages and statistical compilation.
- Contribute to social media strategy through management of the Conference’s official accounts by carrying out publicity on these platforms and participating in content planning and execution.
- Maintain and develop various aspects of the Big 12 website.
- Assist with production/design of record books, championship materials and social media content.
- Distribution of announcements to local, regional and national media via digital platforms.
- Travel to selected championships and media day sites.
- Maintenance of historical and statistical files.
- Interacting with member school administrators and coaches groups.
- Projects as assigned by members of the media services and digital staff.
- Night and Weekend hours required.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports.
Excellent journalistic writing and communication abilities with a knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines is expected. Experience/knowledge with website content management systems, social media, desktop publishing and graphic design is essential. Experience in a campus athletic department, particularly a communications or marketing office, is desired.
Submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references and work samples to the contact information below. Email is preferred. Work samples should include 3-5 items such as press releases, feature stories, graphic design work, game notes, etc.
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 E. John Carpenter Fwy.
Irving, Texas 75062
Deadline for application is April 1, 2018 or until position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.