Current Release in PDF
Big 12 soccer continues conference play this upcoming weekend. Some noteables from around the conference:
- After Big 12 home teams went 6-0-1 two weekends ago, conference road squads posted a 4-1-2 mark this past weekend.
- Big 12 soccer boasts an 19-match unbeaten streak (18-0-1) versus non-conference competition dating back to September 17.
- Big 12 teams are 9-7-1 (.559) against top 25 opponents this season. Since September 17, the Big 12 has improved its non-conference winning percentage from .561 to .645.
- West Virginia has a 28-match unbeaten streak versus conference opponents and has a 10-match victory streak overall.
- Texas Tech has an 11-match (7-0-4) unbeaten streak and has also played four consecutive overtime contests.
- Baylor has won seven matches in a row for the first time since 2012, outscoring its opponents 23-2 during the streak.
- TCU snapped West Virginia’s nine-match shutout streak on Friday. The Horned Frogs were the first team since August 23 to score a goal against the Mountaineers.
- Texas senior Abby Smith has notched 28 shutouts in her career after totaling six saves in the tie with Oklahoma State. She needs two shutouts to set a school record.
- Kansas senior Liana Salazar recorded her third career four-point game in the win over Iowa State. She has 25 career goals.
- Kaylee Dao of Oklahoma has three game-winning goals this season, tied for the Big 12 lead.
- Through 13 games, Oklahoma State has 19 goals and 13 assists. In 21 matches a year ago, OSU had 22 goals and 15 assists.
- The Big 12 was one of two conferences nationally where every school entered league play with an overall record of .500 or better.
- The Big 12 recorded at least one victory over a top 25 non-conference opponent each of the four weekends before league play began, including multiple wins the final three weeks.
- The Big 12 has had multiple teams nationally-ranked every week each of the last two seasons.