BIG 12 SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Big 12 Conference, Inc., one of the premier amateur collegiate athletic conferences, seeks nominations and applications for the position of Social Media Coordinator.
- Maintain and grow social media accounts, and serve as a leading voice for @Big12Conference on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- Produce and distribute content (video, photo, graphic, etc.) across all social media channels.
- Develop and execute social media strategy and maintain social media content calendar.
- Create and implement social media plans for daily needs, championship events, special events and other campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal departments, schools, host cities and organizing committees to develop and execute campaigns, share content, and promote events.
- Support member schools’ social initiatives and work with schools to develop and cross promote content.
- Work with social media organizations (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and keep a pulse on new tools and products.
- Research new trends and stay up-to-date with social media content production and distribution.
- Identify appropriate metrics, maintain and share reports, and provide insight and direction based on data.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience and a strong working knowledge of social media management.
- Successful oversight and management of business-specific social media account(s).
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to navigate and solve complex issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and the ability to identify and execute projects with minimal direct supervision.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JULY 3, 2018, OR UNTIL THE POSTITION IS FILLED.
The Big 12 Conference, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. The Big 12 Conference, Inc. strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.
For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.