Current Release in PDF
The Big 12 soccer season continues with some strong performances by league squads over the weekend. Some noteables from around the Conference:
- Big 12 teams posted a 6-1-1 record on Sunday, outscoring their opponents by an 18-2 margin.
- With the win at Pepperdine, Iowa State recorded a victory over a top 10 team for the first time in school history and its first over a ranked foe since 2011 . ISU senior Haley Albert has five points this year after recording four all of last season.
- Big 12 teams played before some big crowds on Friday night. OU and OSU faced off before 2,244 fans, while Texas hosted North Carolina in front of 2,195. The two crowds marked the two largest home attendance totals in the Big 12 this season. Texas Tech also topped Georgia before 1,530 fans.
- West Virginia managed 59 shots in two matches over the weekend, including 24 on goal. The Mountaineers had 17 shots on goal versus Duquense, their most since 2007.
- Kansas freshman Parker Roberts netted an assist and the game-winning goal in the victory at SMU. She ranks second in the Big 12 in shots and first in shots on goal.
- TCU sophomore Emma Heckendorn has scored in back-to-back contests. She now has seven career goals.
- Seven of the 11 members of last year’s All-Big 12 First Team are returning for the 2015 season. Overall, 16 of the 22 honorees on the all-conference first and second teams are back this year.
- This season marks the first time since the Big 12 began awarding separate Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year honors that both athletes recognized are back from the previous season.
- The Big 12 has had multiple teams nationally-ranked every week each of the last two seasons.
- The Big 12 had six squads selected for the NCAA Championship last season, the highest total since 2008. It was the best total since the conference began competition with nine teams (2011).