Current Release in PDF
Big 12 soccer opened conference play this past weekend. Some noteables from around the conference:
- Big 12 home teams posted a 6-0-1 record in matches played over this past weekend.
- Big 12 soccer boasts an 18-match unbeaten streak (17-0-1) versus non-conference competition dating back to September 17.
- Big 12 teams are 9-7-1 (.559) against top 25 opponents this season. Since September 17, the Big 12 has improved its non-conference winning percentage from .561 to .641.
- West Virginia has a 27-match unbeaten streak in home conference matches. The Mountaineers have not allowed a goal since August 23 and are second in the nation with .181 goals against average.
- TCU has notched a school record four consecutive shutouts and has not allowed a goal in the last 364:51 played, outscoring opponents 14-0 during its four-game win streak.
- Baylor has won six straight matches, outscoring opponents 22-2 during that stretch. It is the longest BU winning streak since 2012.
- Through 11 games, Oklahoma State has 17 goals and 12 assists. During the entire 2014 campaign, OSU had 22 goals and 15 assists.
- Texas Tech has a 10-match (7-0-3) unbeaten streak and has also played three consecutive overtime contests.
- Kansas has outshot its opponent nine times in 10 matches. Senior Ashley Williams had eight shots versus South Dakota State - the most by a Jayhawk since 2005.
- Baylor freshman Sarah King leads the Big 12 and ranks second in the nation with nine assists this year.
- The Big 12 was one of two conferences nationally where every school entered league play with an overall record of .500 or better.
- The Big 12 recorded at least one victory over a top 25 non-conference opponent each of the four weekends before league play began, including multiple wins the final three weeks.
- The Big 12 has had multiple teams nationally-ranked every week each of the last two seasons.