2018-19 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIPS ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
Championships Intern assists in the regular season administration and event management of championships in all sports (except football and men’s basketball).
Compensation (tentative): $24,000 for 12 months. Term (dates tentative): July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director of Championships. Duties include:
- Assist with preparations for men’s and women’s Conference championships and tournaments.
- Assist with the regular activity of the Conference’s awards program and ensure the printing and delivery of various awards.
- Assist in producing informational materials for meetings of coaches’ groups and Senior Woman Administrators.
- Interface with the Conference’s signage delivery company to ensure the coordination and on-time delivery of signage and décor for Big 12 Olympic Sport Championship events.
- Assist with NCAA championship events and tournaments (when applicable).
- Additional duties as assigned, including general office/clerical responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned for following the events:
- 2019 Phillips 66 Big 12 Women’s Basketball Championship
- 2019 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship
Bachelor’s Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports.
Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to multitask is expected. Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Skilled in Microsoft Office® especially Word, Excel and Outlook is a must. Prior experience in a campus athletic department is desired.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 E. John Carpenter Fwy.
Irving, Texas 75062
Deadline for application is (Friday, February 9, 2018).
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit www.big12sports.com.