* Texas Tech moved into second place in the Big 12 standings with a 53-42 victory over TCU in Lubbock Saturday. Senior guard "Downtown" Chynna Brown had a career-high 23 points for the winners. She made 9-of-20 shots from the field and was 5-of-11 from 3-point range. The Lady Raiders (16-4, 5-2) play host to top-ranked and first-place Baylor Wednesday.
* Following Sunday's 53-42 loss at Texas Tech, the Horned Frogs are 1-38 against the Lady Raiders. TCU's only victory came when the Horned Frogs won in the third round of the WNIT.
* The second half of Saturday's Oklahoma-Baylor game was played with just two officials after Clarke Stevens suffered a leg injury and couldn't continue after halftime. "That's the first game I've been involved with as a coach with just two officials," Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Those two (officials Melissa Barlow and Cameron Inouye) really did a great job hustling to cover the floor in the second half."
* In overcoming a 14-point first-half deficit to win at West Virginia, Iowa State out-rebounded the Mountaineers 35-22. That's the biggest rebounding edge against West Virginia this season.
* Over the last four games, Iowa State's Hallie Christofferson is averaging 17.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. He's shooting 66.7 percent from the field (26-of-3939), 58.3 percent on 3-pointers (7-of-12) and has made all 11 of her free throw attempts.
* Baylor has won five consecutive games against Oklahoma, the longest streak in the series. The Lady Bears shot 60.3 percent from the field, an OU opponent record for field goal accuracy.
* Since scoring six points against North Texas in early December, Oklahoma's Aaryn Ellenberg has been on a scoring roll. After scoring 33 Saturday against Baylor, the junior has averaged 25.7 points over the last nine games. She's 40-of-87 (45.9 percent) from 3-point range during that stretch.
* Oklahoma State is at home against Iowa State Wednesday in a key matchup between teams near the top of the Big 12 standings. Since 2007-08, the Cowboys have won 95.8 percent (69-3) in games in Gallagher-Iba Arena against unranked teams.
* Baylor's Pierre Jackson and fellow guards Brady Heslip and Gary Franklin were shooting a combined 35.6 percent on 3-pointers entering the game. Against TCU, they were 10-of-14 beyond the arc, including 4-of-4 shooting by Franklin.
* Baylor's 16-game winning streak over teams from the state of Texas is longest in program history.
* Baylor's 5-1 start in Big 12 games is its best since 1997-98. That team finished 8-8 in league play and 14-14 overall. The Bears next play Oklahoma in Waco Wednesday.
* Senior center Jeff Withey took over sole possession of third place on KU's all-time blocked shots list. After four blocks on Saturday, he now has 247 for his career, 11 behind Greg Ostertag's record of 258.
* Kansas has held its Big 12 opponents to an average of 51.6 points over the last five games. That's the best five-game stretch in Bill Self's time at KU.
* Kansas will wear special jerseys, provided to the school by adidas, during the Big Monday game at West Virginia. The "tone-out" jerseys have been described as featuring a "more aggressive Crimson and Blue."
* Oklahoma State guards Phil Forte (26) and Markel Brown (24) combined for 50 points Saturday against West Virginia. They were a combined 15-of-25 from the field and 10-of-17 on 3-pointers. In Monday's loss at Baylor, they combined to miss 16 of 19 shots from the field and all 10 of their 3-point shots. "That's how basketball goes sometimes," Forte said.