* This is the first time since the first Big 12 Conference Championship (1997) that the semifinalists are all former Big Eight Conference teams (Iowa State vs. Kansas, Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State).
* Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder, who is known for supporting other sports at the school, was in attendance for the Wildcats' game against Texas.
* After Oklahoma went 34-for-34 from the free throw line against the Cyclones in Norman on March 2, Iowa State was a perfect 14-for-14 at the charity stripe today. OU made its first five attempts today to run its streak of makes against ISU to 43 (made its last four in Ames on Feb. 4). The Sooners finished 15-for-18 at the line today (.833).
* The victory over Oklahoma was Iowa State's ISU's first in the Big 12 Championship since a first-round win over Baylor on March 10, 2005, when the Cyclones were also a No. 5 seed. Iowa State has advanced to the semifinals for the first time since 2000 and it was the school's first victory in the Sprint Center.
* Kansas' 91 points are the most in a Big 12 Championship game since Colorado scored 91 in a double overtime win against Baylor in 2008. The 28-point margin of victory is the largest in a Big 12 Championship game since March 10, 2006, when Texas A&M defeated Colorado, 86-53.
* Kansas shattered the Big 12 Championship record for field goal percentage, shooting a blistering 66 percent. The previous record was 63 percent, set by Baylor in 2007. That number is also a season-high for KU.
* Kansas State has the second-most wins in program history at 26. The 2009-10 squad holds the record with 29.
* Kansas State beat Texas three times this season, by 26, 17 and 12 points. The Wildcats also defeated the Longhorns in football by a 42-24 score.
* Baylor is 18-14. Following their 74-72 loss to Oklahoma State in the quarterfinals, the Bears are now 1-8 this season in games decided by five or fewer points.