Available (tentative): September 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018
Communications Intern will assist with day-to-day communications operations.
- Assist in all aspects of communications for 23 Big 12 sports.
- Serving as the primary media contact as well as a liaison to member schools communications staffs for several Olympic sports
- Contribute to social media strategy through management of the Conference's official accounts by carrying out publicity on these platforms and participating in content planning and execution
- Maintain and develop various aspects of the Big 12 website.
- Assist with production/design of record books, championship materials and social media content.
- Distribution of announcements to local, regional and national media via digital platforms.
- Travel to selected championships and media day sites.
- Maintenance of historical and statistical files.
- Interacting with member school administrators and coaches groups.
- Assist with weekend duties for football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, soccer and volleyball as necessary.
- Projects as assigned by members of the media services and digital staff.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of sports. Excellent journalistic writing and communication abilities with a knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines is expected. Experience/knowledge with website content management systems, social media, desktop publishing and graphic design is essential. Experience in a campus athletic department, particularly a communications or marketing office, is desired.
Salary (tentative): $20,000 for 10 months.
Submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references and work samples to the contact information below. Email is preferred. Work samples should include 3-5 items such as press releases, feature stories, graphic design work, game notes, etc.
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Big 12 Conference is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Deadline for application is August 21, 2017 -->