Current Release in PDF
Through two weeks of competition, the league has posted a 52-19 (.733) mark collectively. The teams went 23-7 and kept their week one momentum going heading into week three of baseball. Here are the notes for this week:
- Three league teams head to Houston, Texas this weekend to compete in the Shriners Hospital for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park.
- Offensively, Oklahoma leads the way with a .331 batting average while K-State tops the pitching statistics with a 2.25 ERA. TTU’s Grant Little leads the league with a .481 batting average and .531 on-base percentage.
- Oklahoma State’s Garrett Benge earned Player of the Week while teammate Travis Wacker was named Newcomer of the Week, followed by Texas Tech’s Steven Gingery as Pitcher of the Week. Benge and Wacker helped OSU earn a road win at then-No. 18 Arizona State and a home series win over Texas State. Gingery helped TTU record a perfect 5-0 record last week.
- Seven of the league’s teams appear in at least one poll nationally, including seven in the NCBWA poll. TCU leads with four No. 1 rankings.
- Baylor is off to its best start since 1984, starting the 2017 campaign with a 8-0 record.
- West Virginia upended the defending national champion and 18th-ranked Coastal Carolina on the road last weekend, defeating the Chanticleers on two different occasions.