TCU sophomore Luken Baker along with Kansas State senior Parker Rigler and Baylor junior Tucker Cascadden have been selected for the third set of Big 12 baseball weekly awards. Baker helped the Horned Frogs record a 4-0 week and three wins over top 15 teams while Rigler made school history and Cascadden helped the Bears get their second top 15 win in three days.
The awards mark the first Player of the Week honor and third combined weekly award for Baker, while Rigler and Cascadden collect the first allocates of their careers.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Luken Baker, TCU, So., 1B/DH, Spring, Texas
- Named MVP of the Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic, hitting .455 (5-for-11) with a double, a triple and a home run.
- Tallied three runs scored and three walks in the tournament and went 3-for-3 with two runs scored in TCU’s win over Rice on Tuesday.
- Baker’s 2-run home run in the second inning gave TCU a 6-4 lead over No. 3 LSU, adding a double and run in the ninth inning.
- Against Ole Miss, Baker went 2-for-4 with his first career triple, ultimately scoring to make it a 5-0 game.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Parker Rigler, Kansas State, Sr., LHP, Edmond, Okla.
- Made K-State history as he threw the program’s first no-hitter since 1991 and ninth ever in a 14-0 victory over Eastern Illinois.
- Struck out six and walked two over nine innings for the first no-hitter in the Big 12 this season.
- Shut down an EIU offense that had scored 21 runs on 27 hits combined the previous two games.
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Tucker Cascadden, Baylor, Jr., IF, Houston, Texas
- Went 4-for-13 (.308) with a walk-off grand slam, two runs, one double, six RBI and one walk during the week.
- In a win over No. 11 Texas A&M, he went 2-for-3 with a run, walk and four RBI on a walk-off grand slam.
- Had an RBI in BU’s first 10 games and has one in 11 of 12 games (16 total RBI).
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|Feb. 21||Hunter Hargrove, TTU, Sr., 1B||Jake Irvin, OU, So., RHP||Josh Jung, TTU, Fr., 3B|
|Feb. 27||Garrett Benge, OSU, Jr., 3B||Steven Gingery, TTU, So. LHP||Travis Wacker, OSU, Jr., C|
|March 6||Luken Baker, TCU, So., 1B/DH||Parker Rigler, K-State, Sr., LHP||Tucker Cascadden, BU, Jr., IF|