Current Release in PDF
The league had an impressive week three, racking up a 28-9 record with several key wins over ranked opponents. Here are this week's notes:
- Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech combined for a 7-2 finish in the Shriners Hospital for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park last weekend. TCU went 3-0 while BU and TTU went 2-1.
- Offensively, Oklahoma leads the way with a .335 batting average and tops the pitching statistics with a 2.14 ERA. OU’s Steele Walker leads the league with a .429 batting average and .467 on-base percentage.
- TCU’s Luken Baker was named the Big 12 Player of the Week while Kansas State’s Parker Rigler and Baylor’s Tucker Cascadden were named the Pitcher and Newcomer of the Week, respectively. All three teams combined for an 8-1 record during week three.
- Kansas State senior left-handed pitcher Parker Rigler was named the NCBWA National Pitcher of the Week and Collegiate Baseball National Player of the Week after he posted the first no-hitter in K-State history since 1991.
- Seven of the league’s teams appear in at least one poll nationally, including seven in the NCBWA poll. TCU leads with five No. 1 rankings.