Current Release in PDF
The league heads into the fifth week of baseball, and six teams will begin conference play this weekend. Here are the notes for this week:
- Conference play kicks off this weekend as Texas Tech visits Texas, West Virginia travels to Baylor and Kansas hits the road vs. TCU.
- The league holds a 29-13 (.690) record over Power 5 Conference teams, having 12 wins over Pac-12 opponents and 10 wins against the SEC.
- Offensively, Oklahoma leads the way with a .328 batting average and tops the pitching statistics with a 2.24 ERA. OU’s Brylie Ware leads the league with a .462 batting average and .517 on-base percentage.
- Texas Tech’s Tanner Gardner was named the Big 12 Player of the Week while Oklahoma State’s Carson Teel and Oklahoma’s Brylie Ware were named the Pitcher and Newcomer of the Week, respectively.
- Oklahoma State sophomore left-handed pitcher Carson Teel was also named one of 10 Collegiate Baseball National Players of the Week after Teel came out of the bullpen and recorded a pair of wins last week for the Cowboys. Over nine innings, he struck out 15 batters and allowed one run on four hits and one walk.
- Seven of the league’s teams are receiving votes in at least one poll nationally, including seven in the NCBWA poll. TCU leads with four No. 3 rankings.