A career-high performance by Frank Mason of Kansas netted him the first Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week honor for the 2016-17 season. Junior guard Manu Lecomte (Baylor) and freshman guard Jaylen Fisher (TCU) share the top newcomer accolade. It is the first weekly recognition for all three student-athletes.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Frank Mason, Kansas, G, Sr., Petersburg, Va.
- Finished with a career-high 30 points versus No. 11 Indiana at the Armed Forces Classic.
- Shot 40 percent from the field and 86.7 percent from the free throw line.
- He scored the Jayhawks’ final 11 points in regulation, including two free throws to send the game to overtime.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 NEWCOMERS OF THE WEEK
Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr., Brussels, Belgium
- Stepped into starting point guard role and posted a double-double with 13 points and 11 assists.
- Had zero turnovers in 35 minutes of action.
- Five of his 11 assists came on 3-pointers and he helped account for half of the Baylor points scored.
Jaylen Fisher, TCU, G, Fr., Arlington, Tenn.
- Tallied 13 points and seven assists in his first career start.
- Had a game-high four steals, the most in a season-opener by a TCU player since 2006.
- Connected on 6-of-14 (.429) shots from the field in 27 minutes of action.
2016-17 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Weekly Awards
|Date||Player of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|November 16||Frank Mason, Kansas, G, Sr.||Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr.|
|Jaylen Fisher, TCU, G, Fr.|