A record-setting performance by Monté Morris (Iowa State) and a strong second-half effort by Josh Jackson of Kansas led the duo to the latest Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Player and Newcomer of the week honors. It is the third player award for Morris, while Jackson is recognized for the first time.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Monté Morris, Iowa State, G, Sr., Flint, Mich.
- Recorded the fifth triple-double in ISU history and 15th in the Big 12 record book in the win over The Citadel.
- Had 17 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and zero turnovers in 22 minutes versus the Bulldogs.
- It was the fifth time nationally since 2010-11 that a triple-double included 10 assists with no miscues.
- Averaged 17.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in two Cyclone victories last week.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr., Detroit, Mich.
- Had 13.0 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in two Kansas wins.
- Shot 80 percent from the field, connecting on 12-of-15 shots from the floor.
- Scored 11 of his 15 points in the second half of the Jayhawks’ win over No. 1 Duke.
2016-17 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Weekly Awards
|Date||Player of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|November 16||Frank Mason, Kansas, G, Sr.||Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr.|
|Jaylen Fisher, TCU, G, Fr.|
|November 23||Monte Morris, Iowa State, G, Sr.||Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr.|