Two MVP performances by Johnathan Motley (Baylor) and Josh Jackson (Kansas) during the holiday week have led to the duo earning Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Player and Newcomer of the Week honors. It is the third time Motley has garnered a conference weekly award, while Jackson is selected for the second straight week.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Johnathan Motley, Baylor, F, Jr., Houston, Texas
- Named Battle 4 Atlantis MVP after leading the Bears to wins over VCU, No. 24 Michigan State and No. 10 Louisville.
- Averaged 20.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 31.0 minutes per game.
- Shot 52.4 percent from the field over the three games and also connected at an .833 clip from the free throw line.
- Has scored in double figures in every game this season.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr., Detroit, Mich.
- Averaged 17.0 points and 7.3 rebounds over the course of three Jayhawk victories.
- Made 51.4 percent of his attempts from the floor while adding four blocked shots.
- Selected as the MVP of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic after posting 18.5 point sand 9.0 rebounds per game in the two contests.
2016-17 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Weekly Awards
|Date||Player of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|November 16||Frank Mason, Kansas, G, Sr.||Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr.|
|Jaylen Fisher, TCU, G, Fr.|
|November 21||Monte Morris, Iowa State, G, Sr.||Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr.|
|November 28||Johnathan Motley, Baylor, F, Jr.||Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr.|