Another win over a top 10 opponent and another game with 20 points or more led to Manu Lecomte (Baylor) and Jawun Evans (Oklahoma State) sharing the Big 12 Player of the Week award. Texas Tech’s Anthony Livingston, who had the third-best scoring output in the Big 12 this year is the Newcomer of the Week. All three are recognized with their respective honors for the first time in 2016-17.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr., Brussels, Belgium
- Led Baylor to a 15-point victory over No.7 Xavier and 34-point win over Sam Houston State.
- Averaged a team-high 16.5 points, 3.5 assists and 1.5 steals in the two contests.
- Had a career-best 24 points on 8-of-14 shooting against Xavier, as the Bears recorded their third win over a top 10 foe this year.
Jawun Evans, Oklahoma State, G, So., Dallas, Texas
- Averaged 20.5 points, 4.5 assists and 3.5 steals in a 1-1 week for the Cowboys.
- Recorded his fifth 20-point outing of the season with 25 points versus Rogers State.
- Shot 42.4 percent from the field and made 12-of-14 (.857) from the free throw line.
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Anthony Livingston, Texas Tech, F, Sr., Washington, D.C.
- Led Texas Tech to two victories as the Red Raiders improved to 7-1 on the year.
- Boasted 18.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest.
- Had 33 points versus Rice, the most by a Tech player since Jan. 26, 2011 (Mike Singletary, 33 points at Iowa State).
2016-17 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Weekly Awards
|Date||Player of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|November 16||Frank Mason, Kansas, G, Sr.||Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr.|
|Jaylen Fisher, TCU, G, Fr.|
|November 21||Monte Morris, Iowa State, G, Sr.||Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr.|
|November 28||Johnathan Motley, Baylor, F, Jr.|| Josh Jackson, Kansas, G, Fr.
|December 5||Manu Lecomte, Baylor, G, Jr.||Anthony Livingston, Texas Tech, F, Sr.|
|Jawun Evans, Oklahoma State, G, So.|