Senior Taylor Dodson and sophomore Alexis Reid of Kansas record the season’s first set of Softball Player and Pitcher of the Week awards. Dodson and Reid’s performances helped lead the Jayhawks to a 5-0 start and marks the first weekly honors of their careers.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Taylor Dodson, Kansas, UT, Sr., Grove, Okla.
- Opened her senior season with seven runs on seven hits in 14 at bats, good for a .500 average.
- Entered the season with five career home runs and added another four over the weekend to bring her total to nine.
- Notched her first home run of the year versus Akron to tie the ballgame in the third inning, then followed that performance with two round-trippers and three RBI in KU’s 16-2 win over Savannah State.
- Ranks fourth nationally in home runs per game (.80) and ninth in slugging percentage (1.357).
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Alexis Reid, Kansas, So., Blue Springs, Mo.
- Pitched two complete games and picked up two victories for the Jayhawks against Akron and Stetson.
- Tallied 13 consecutive scoreless innings on her way to a 0.50 ERA.
- In her second start, she allowed just four hits in the complete game shutout against Stetson, the first shutout of her career.
- Allowed one run, no walks and nine strikeouts in 14.0 innings on the mound.
BIG 12 SOFTBALL WEEKLY AWARDS
|February 14||Taylor Dodson, KU, UT, Sr.||Alexis Reid, KU, So.|