Shelby Friudenberg (Baylor) was named Big 12 Softball Player of the week along with Tiarra Davis (Texas) as Pitcher of the Week. Friudenberg led her team to a Week 3 sweep, while Davis earned two complete games against two top-20 opponents in the NFCA poll. This marks the second career honor for both.PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Shelby Friudenberg, Baylor, Jr., Bruceville, Texas
- Hit .400 on the week with a .850 slugging mark to lead the Bears to a 7-0 weekend.
- Slammed three home runs, her first on the season, including two in an 8-0 win over Massachusetts.
- Became the fifth player in program history to hit 30-plus home runs in her collegiate career, now sitting at 32.
- Drove in nine RBI and scored three times, with eight hits in 20 at-bats to only one strikeout.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Tiarra Davis, Texas, Sr., Henderson, Texas
- The senior helped lead UT at the prestigious Mary Nutter Classic by tossing a pair of complete games during victories over No. 20/22 Missouri and No. 15/13 Tennessee for the first Longhorn win over a top-15 team since 2015.
- Limited Missouri to just one earned run while striking out a season-high seven batters.
- Notched an RBI single during UT’s six-run, sixth-inning outburst to break away from the Tigers.
- Pitched a complete-game to hand the No. 15/13 Volunteers their second loss of the season, allowing one earned run on five hits.
BIG 12 SOFTBALL WEEKLY AWARDS
|February 14||Taylor Dodson, KU, UT, Sr.||Alexis Reid, KU, So.|
|February 21||Sami Williams, ISU, 2B, So.||Emma Hylen, ISU, So.|
|February 28||Shelby Friudenberg, BU, IF, Jr.||Tiarra Davis, UT, Sr.|