Shock Linwood (Baylor), Elijah Lee (Kansas State), Austin Seibert (Oklahoma) and Justice Hill (Oklahoma State) received Big 12 football weekly awards for the first full week of conference play. Linwood (offense), Seibert (special teams) and Hill (newcomer) picked up their second career honor with Hill earning recognition for the second-consecutive week. Lee (defense) was honored for the first time.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Shock Linwood, Baylor, RB, Sr, Linden, Texas
· Linwood had 237 yards and one touchdown on 25 carries in Baylor’s 45-42 victory at Iowa State.
· Averaged 9.5 yards per carry and had a long run of 59 yards.
· The 237 yards are the most in a single game for a Big 12 running back this year and the seventh-most in the FBS. Also the fourth-most in a game in Baylor history and the 10th 200-yard rushing game in program history.
· The two-yard TD in the second quarter tied Alfred Anderson's (1980-83) school record with 35 career rushing touchdowns.
· The 237 yards marked Linwood’s 15th career 100-yard rushing game, which ranks second to Walter Abercrombie's 19 on the Baylor all-time list.
· Linwood extended his own school record with an eighth career game with 150-plus rushing yards.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Elijah Lee, K-State, LB, Jr, Blue Springs, Mo.
· Lee carded a game-high 14 tackles as the Wildcat defense shut out West Virginia in the first half and held the Mountaineers to 17 total points in a 17-16 loss.
· Also recorded one TFL, a sack, a quarterback hurry and picked up his fourth career interception.
· Became the first Wildcat linebacker since Bryan Hickman (2000-2003) to have four interceptions.
· Lee and the defense pitched a first-half Big 12 shutout on the road for the first time since the 2014 Iowa State game.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Austin Seibert, Oklahoma, K/P, So, Belleville, Ill.
· Seibert was a key contributor in OU's 52-46 win at No. 21 TCU handling punting, placekicking and kickoff duties.
· Made all seven of his PATs and drilled a 35-yard field goal (his only attempt) with 1:55 remaining to put the Sooners up by six. It marked the game's final points.
· Also averaged 44.0 yards on his five punts, with a long of 50, two downed inside the 20 and only one returned (for just two yards).
· Kicked off nine times in the game with five touchbacks.
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK
Justice Hill, Oklahoma State, RB, Fr, Tulsa, Okla.
· Hill rushed for more than 100 yards against a ranked opponent for the second-consecutive week, this time going for 135 yards on 25 carries with a touchdown to help lead the unranked Cowboys to a 49-31 victory over No. 22 Texas.
· Second touch of the game resulted in a 30-yard touchdown run and added a 23-yard rush in the third quarter.
· His 135 yards rushing were the most for an Oklahoma State true freshman against Texas and were the ninth-most for a true freshman Cowboy in any game. They were also the most for any Big 12 newcomer this season.
· Became the first true freshman in OSU history to rush for more than 100 yards in back-to-back games against ranked opponents.
· Averaging 128.5 rushing yards per game against Big 12 opposition, a mark that ranks second in the league. His 5.7 yards per carry in conference play leads all Big 12 running backs with at least 30 rushing attempts.
2016 BIG 12 FOOTBALL WEEKLY AWARDS WINNERS
|Date||Offensive Player of the Week||Defensive Player of the Week|
|Sept. 6||Kenny Hill, TCU, QB, Jr
Tyrone Swoopes, UT, QB, Sr
|Chris Nelson, UT, DT, So|
|Sept. 12||Patrick Mahomes II, TTU, QB, Jr||Orion Stewart, BU, S, Sr|
|Sept. 19||James Washington, OSU, WR, Jr||Ty Summers, TCU, LB, So|
|Sept. 26||Seth Russell, BU, QB, Sr||Travon Blanchard, BU, NB, Jr|
|Oct. 3||Shock Linwood, BU, RB, Sr||Elijah Lee, KSU, LB, Jr|
|Date||Special Teams Player of the Week||Newcomer of the Week|
|Sept. 6||KaVontae Turpin, TCU, WR/KR/PR, So||Shane Buechele, UT, QB, Fr|
|Sept. 12||KaVontae Turpin, TCU, WR/KR/PR, So||Shane Buechele, UT, QB, Fr|
|Sept. 19||Dominique Heath, KSU, WR/PR, So
Zach Sinor, OSU, P, So
|JaMycal Hasty, BU, RB, Fr|
|Sept. 26||Byron Pringle, KSU, WR/KR/PR, So
Desmon White, TCU, WR/KR/PR, Jr
|Justice Hill, OSU, RB, Fr|
|Oct. 2||Austin Seibert, OU, K/P, So||Justice Hill, OSU, RB, Fr|