Fredrik Nilehn (Texas Tech) and Linnea Johansson (Oklahoma State) earn the season’s first Golfer of the Month Awards after posting a strong start in September. Johansson, a 2016 All-Big 12 and Big 12 All-Tournament Team selection and Nilehn, coming off an appearance at the 2016 World Amateur Team Championship, record their first Big 12 monthly award nod.
Big 12 Male Golfer of the Month
Fredrik Nilehn, Texas Tech, Jr., Gothenburg, Sweden
- Took home the Carmel Cup individual crown after shooting a third round 5-under par 67.
- Competed against five teams who were ranked in the Bushnell Golfweek Coaches Poll and was the only player to have two rounds of 67 or better.
- Led the Big 12 with a 67.33 stroke average for the month of September.
Big 12 Female Golfer of the Month
Linnea Johansson, Oklahoma State, Sr., Bastad, Sweden
- Produced 31 birdies in six competitive rounds, which tied for the national lead.
- Carded a 206 score at the Dick McGuire Invitational, which ties for the second-best 54-hole score in Cowgirl history.
- Was the Big 12’s highest ranked player in the Golfstat national rankings at 17th to close September.
BIG 12 GOLFERS OF THE MONTH
|September||Fredrik Nilehn, Texas Tech, Jr.||Linnea Johansson, Oklahoma State, Sr.|