Texas Tech’s Hannes Ronneblad and Oklahoma’s Julienne Soo record Big 12 Men’s and Women’s Golfer of the Month for March. The first career honors for both golfers follow individual victories over some of the nation’s top competitors.
BIG 12 MEN'S GOLFER OF THE MONTH
Hannes Ronneblad, Texas Tech, Sr., Kungsbauka, Sweden
- Won the Bandon Dunes individual title in Tech’s first appearance at the event where he led wire-to-wire, opening with a 65 on day one before firing two more under-par rounds to end it.
- In the final round he closed the door on Golfstat’s top-ranked player (Oregon’s Wyndham Clark) for the victory by going 4-under par on his final nine holes, including birdies on 16 and 18.
- Added a T-7th place finish in Las Vegas at the Southern Highlands Collegiate.
- Carded under-par rounds all six times he stepped foot on a course in the month of March on his way to earning a stroke average of 69.7.
Big 12 WOMEN'S GOLFER OF THE MONTH
Julienne Soo, Oklahoma, So., South Yarra, Australia
- Fired a program-best 203 (-13), three strokes better than the previous OU record, to clinch the first medalist honors of her career at the Clover Cup.
- Added a T-7th place finish at the Mountain View Collegiate and T-27th at the Clemson Invitational.
- Recorded six of nine rounds in March at par or better.
- Owns a team best 71.33 (-0.55) season stroke average and a 70.89 for the month.
BIG 12 GOLFERS OF THE MONTH
|September||Fredrik Nilehn, Texas Tech, Jr.||Linnea Johansson, Oklahoma State, Sr.|
|October||Matthew Perrine, Baylor, Jr.||Amy Lee, Baylor, Jr.|
|November||Chase Hanna, Kansas, Sr.|
|Blaine Hale, Oklahoma, So.|
|February||Cooper Dossey, Baylor, Fr.||Connie Jaffrey, Kansas State, Jr.|
|March||Hannes Ronneblad, Texas Tech, Sr.||Julienne Soo, Oklahoma, So.|